ASK YOUR QUESTIONS
Buttock Fat Transfer
Buttock Fat Transfer (Butt Enhancement Surgery or Brazilian Butt Lift)
This is also known as a fat transfer because it simply transfers the fat from other areas of your body and injects it into your butt. The surgeon performing the Brazilian Butt Lift will liposuction fat from your back, stomach, or thighs and then purify it. The purified fat is then re-injected back into the buttocks. The fat for the transfer is taken from the more fatty areas of your body like the stomach, the “love handles,” hips, lower back, or thighs. The fat is then removed with a gentle liposuction device designed to protect live fat cells. Once these fat particles are purified, they’re injected back into the muscle layers of the buttocks through a very small incision.
The average amount of fat needed for each buttock is around 250 to 350 cubic centimeters (cc) of pure fat. So, for both sides, you’re going to need about 700 cc – or around half a pound of fat.
Women without much body fat – say, size 2 or size 4 women – are more suited to butt implants.
Also, grafted fat takes on the characteristics of the location where it is injected. If the fat is placed near bone, it feels like bone. If it is injected near fat, it feels like, well, fat. And similarly, if it is injected within muscles, if feels like muscles. After the fat has been taken from the donor areas, it is carefully injected deeply into the peak of the buttocks, layer by layer. After healing, the feel of the augmented butt is very natural and looks just like your own buttocks. Beside this, there is very little discomfort from fat grafting.
For butt augmentation, the layering method will create a smooth, more rounded buttock with no irregular places showing through the skin.
The most common donor sites are the upper and lower tummy , flanks, the outer and inner thighs.. Planting fat cells from those areas will cause your rear end to look like it has been lifted up and reshaped to be more curvaceous.
Ideal Candidate for Buttock Fat Transfer
Usually, if a patient is overweight or wears an eight to 12 dress size, she is probably best suited for transfer and perhaps some liposuction. Thin patients who wear size two to four dresses are usually not good candidates for fat transfer because they do not have any fat to spare.
Advantages of Buttock Fat Transfer
* Considering this is a surgical procedure, there’s little downtime. You can go back to work in around 2 weeks.
* The fat being injected into your butt is your own fat so there is less risk of infection.
* Unlike implants, fat is an ideal substance for butt enhancement because fat is your own body’s substance.
* Both the liposuction and the fat injection is made through very small incisions so you won’t be left with scars. The fat is also inserted carefully in different fat layers so you’ll end up with a uniform and natural look – exactly like it’s your own butt fat (since it is!). The last huge benefit of the Brazilian Butt Lift is that because they’re not implants, there’s no risk of it migrating or moving.
* The fat removed from the fatty areas of your body like the waist and thighs will make your newly-plumped butt stick out even more.
Disadvantages of Buttock Fat Transfer
* The newly injected fat need blood supply to nourish the fat so it’s recommended that you not put pressure on the buttocks for at least 2 months after the procedure. This means no tight clothes and limited sitting, which can be quite an inconvenience.
* The biggest downside of the Brazilian Butt Lift is that the fat survival rate is pretty unpredictable. Studies show that only about 50-80% of the fat transferred will survive and remain on the buttocks. The rest will be reabsorbed by the body. A reasonable expectation would be around 25-50% increase from your current size.
* Studies have also shown that injecting too much fat at once decreases the retention rate, so if you want a significant increase in your buttocks fat, you’ll have to opt for the option of several fat transfer done every 3-6 months until you get the booty you want.